A Dark and Rainy Day
Oct. 16th, 2026 12:23 amWoke up before my alarm at 8:10 AM. I really want to go back to sleep, but I can’t. I’m feeling cold. It’s a dark and rainy day.
It’s flooding in Istanbul. Good thing that we went back when we did.
Now I’m not feeling like eating breakfast, but I should eat something. Now I’m feeling kind of gross. Nauseous. I emailed in sick and am lying down. Sleep helped.
I don’t feel like eating lunch. Good. The med is working. Hmm. Some coworkers online were talking about cut pineapple, and that does sound good. Do I have a can of pineapple? Yes.
Oliver is snuggling with Bella. Awww.
Fed the cats, who are not on Wegovy and don’t need to be. They’re unenthusiatic about chicken again.
My Anki deck for Italian is no longer on my cell phone. I need to see if I have it on my computer upstairs. I do have the Fluent Forever app. And I’ve started Duolingo for Turkish.
Lay down after work and dozed for an hour.
I signed up for a supposed “fat burning system”. They say that you can get your money back if it doesn’t work. It has to do with alternating high and low carbs, HIIT training, and muscle building. We’ll see how it works.
I’m looking at Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.
It’s raining, and the dogs have retreated onto the porch.
I found a hotel that I like in Honolulu for before the cruise. I want to spend a few extra days in Honolulu.
Submitted a grocery order.
I need to feed the critters again and go to sleep.
It’s flooding in Istanbul. Good thing that we went back when we did.
Now I’m not feeling like eating breakfast, but I should eat something. Now I’m feeling kind of gross. Nauseous. I emailed in sick and am lying down. Sleep helped.
I don’t feel like eating lunch. Good. The med is working. Hmm. Some coworkers online were talking about cut pineapple, and that does sound good. Do I have a can of pineapple? Yes.
Oliver is snuggling with Bella. Awww.
Fed the cats, who are not on Wegovy and don’t need to be. They’re unenthusiatic about chicken again.
My Anki deck for Italian is no longer on my cell phone. I need to see if I have it on my computer upstairs. I do have the Fluent Forever app. And I’ve started Duolingo for Turkish.
Lay down after work and dozed for an hour.
I signed up for a supposed “fat burning system”. They say that you can get your money back if it doesn’t work. It has to do with alternating high and low carbs, HIIT training, and muscle building. We’ll see how it works.
I’m looking at Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.
It’s raining, and the dogs have retreated onto the porch.
I found a hotel that I like in Honolulu for before the cruise. I want to spend a few extra days in Honolulu.
Submitted a grocery order.
I need to feed the critters again and go to sleep.